Not all meatloaf is created equal. Simply since you’ve had meatloaf prior to now that you could be not have loved, doesn’t imply you must it out ceaselessly.
For those who miss the traditional Cracker Barrel flavors in your meatloaf, then here’s a probability to benefit from the juicy and tangy flavors at residence utilizing this copycat Cracker Barrel meatloaf recipe. Whether or not you serve it on the household dinner or on the kitchen desk, this meatloaf will garner all of the praises for you as a result of its mouth watering mixture of spices and the saucy topping. Let’s take a look over all of the elements and easy methods to put them collectively to get essentially the most of them
2/3 cup milk
32 Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon mustard
- To make a good meatloaf, it is very important to bake it at a perfect temperature, and to do so; you must preheat your oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place a large bowl over a working surface and add 2 eggs, add milk and crackers. Stir in onion and cheese, add ground beef.
- Mix well, shape into a loaf.
- Bake for 45 mints.
- Mix ketchup, brown sugar and mustard to make topping.
- Spoon half of the topping over the meatloaf after 30 mins of baking.return loaf to oven for 10 more mins of baking.
- Spoon the rest of the topping over meatloaf, return to oven and bake for 5-10 mins more.
There are a number of choices should you’re on the lookout for what to serve with meatloaf, together with creamy mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, fried okra, roasted carrots and sauteed blended greens. Or you should utilize a mix of aspect dishes to finish your meatloaf platter. Like I normally serve it with mashed potatoes and sauteed greens
Tips and tricks
- Don’t overwork the meat. This can ruin the tender consistency of the meat
- 325-350°F is an ideal baking temperature for tender results. Higher temps will dry out the meat.
- Place it over a few slices of fresh bread before baking. The bread will act as a sponge and soak up excess grease.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes before you slice in.
- 80% lean ground beef is a good choice. Leaner meats tend to dry out.