This Southern Fried Chicken Batter requires the items to be rapidly brined after which dipped in a seasoned batter for a crisp Southern-style crust. Easy as could be. That is the true deal.
2 beaten egg
1 cup milk
2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
4 teaspoons garlic salt
2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cup all-purpose flour
- Beat the egg and milk together in a bowl.
- Combine the flour with the garlic salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and paprika in a big plastic bag.
- Put the chicken in the bag, seal it and shake to coat it.
- Dip the flour-coated chicken in the egg mixture and again in the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a skillet to 365 degrees F. Brown the chicken on all sides in the hot oil.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and give the chicken another half an hour or until it is cooked through.
- Drain it on paper towels and serve.