Grandmother’s Buttermilk Cornbread – Right here’s take advantage of scrumptious cornbread you’ve ever tasted. You’ll love serving this with chili or stew, or recent peas, or just to eat sizzling from the oven with a great deal of candy butter.
My grandma at all times made the perfect cornbread. It had a young crumb, plenty of vanilla and candy corn taste, and it was so moist it actually melted in your mouth. She held onto her recipe for years and after incessant begging on my half – I lastly obtained the recipe.
Now, my recipe has a little bit of a twist and a enjoyable particular ingredient that makes my grandma’s buttermilk cornbread … dare I say, even higher (sorry Gram). I needed to make a cornbread recipe that tasted like house as quickly as I took that first chew – and that is arms down essentially the most scrumptious cornbread ever. It’s a kind of simple recipes the place after you make it, you’ll be making it again and again with out even needing the recipe.
- 8 Tbsp. Butter unsalted
- ½ C. Granulated sugar
- 1 C. Yellow cornmeal
- 2 Massive eggs
- 1 C. Buttermilk
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 C. All function flour
- Salt to style
How To Make Grandmother’s Buttermilk Cornbread
- Preheat the oven to 375 levels.
- Combine collectively the entire components aside from the butter till clean and creamy.
- Place the butter into an oven protected skillet on the range, and soften it over medium warmth.
- As soon as the butter is melted, take away the skillet from the warmth, and pour the batter into it. Whisk the batter in with the butter till effectively mixed.
- Bake for 25-Half-hour till browned and cooked via.