A Classic Apple Pie made fully from scratch that’s buttery, flaky, simple to make, and ideal for any time of the yr
Prep: 30 minutes Cook dinner: 1 hr Complete: 1 hr 30 minutes Serves: 8
- ▢1 pie crust entire recipe for high and backside crust
- ▢8 medium apples peeled, cored and sliced
- ▢1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ▢½ cup brown sugar packed
- ▢2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ▢1 teaspoon cinnamon floor
- ▢1 egg overwhelmed, for egg wash
- Make the pie crust based on this pie crust recipe. You may also use retailer purchased pie crust.
- Whereas pie crust is resting within the fridge, toss the sliced apples with the lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon and flour. Put aside.
- Take away the dough from the fridge, and let it sit at room temperature for as much as 10 minutes. That is required to melt the dough a bit, in an effort to roll it out.
- Preheat oven to 375 F levels.
- Roll out every disc utilizing a rolling pin. In case your dough is sticking to the floor or to the rolling pin add a bit extra flour as crucial. Roll it till it’s about 1/8 of an inch in thickness. Place the pie dough calmly right into a pie plate. I often roll it on the rolling pin and unroll it over the pie plate. (see video) Crimp the sting and minimize off extra dough.
- Add the apple combination to the underside crust
- Roll out the second disc. Gently place on high of the filling and make vents utilizing a pointy knife, or minimize into lengthy strips to make a lattice. Trim the surplus dough, if wanted. Brush generously with overwhelmed egg.
- Bake for about an hour or till the crust is golden and begins to brown and juices are effervescent.
- Apples: Use apples similar to Honeycrisp, Gala, Jonathans, Golden Scrumptious or Granny Smith.
- If you happen to’ve obtained time, put together the apple combination the evening earlier than and allow them to sit in a single day in your fridge. The sugar will draw out the liquid from the apples, supplying you with a moist pie filling. Drain the juice from the apple combination and scale back it in a sauce pan till it’s thick and syrupy, then add it again to the apples.