Have you ever ever tried one thing so scrumptious you may barely stand it…and one thing that you just’re much more shocked that you just truly made. That is a type of recipes. Once you make this Homemade Caramel Corn, you’ll really feel such as you’ve died and gone to heaven.
This isn’t a recipe for popcorn that it is possible for you to to eat instantly as a result of it must bake with a purpose to develop into crispy. It additionally doesn’t require a sweet thermometer and is actually not fussy so far as caramel goes, which is superior. My kitchen was positively a little bit messy however actually, at any time when I bake or cook dinner my kitchen is just about a catastrophe.
Give this one a strive. Have it for a snack round Thanksgiving, package deal it up for Christmas present baggage, or hoard the whole batch for your self.
1 cup popcorn kernels unpopped
2 cups unsalted butter 2 sticks
½ cup mild corn syrup
2 cups packed mild brown sugar
1 tsp. kosher salt
½ tsp. baking soda
1½ tsp. vanilla extract
– Preheat the oven to 250° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; put aside.
– Pop popcorn utilizing your most well-liked technique. Place the popped popcorn in 2-3 very giant bowls. (You will have sufficient room to toss the popped popcorn with the caramel sauce.)
– To make the caramel, soften the butter over medium warmth in a 2-quart saucepan. As soon as melted, stir within the corn syrup, brown sugar and salt. Improve the warmth to medium-high and produce the combination to a boil, stirring regularly.
– As soon as the combination reaches a boil, let it proceed to boil for an extra 5 minutes, with out stirring. Take away from the warmth and add within the baking soda and vanilla. (The combination will bubble fairly a bit.)
– Divide the caramel sauce between the popped popcorn evenly and toss to coat completely utilizing a rubber spatula, salad tongs, or giant spoons.
– Unfold the popcorn evenly onto the ready baking sheets. Clumps are fantastic and can unfold out throughout baking.
– Bake for 40-50 minutes, tossing and redistributing the caramel sauce each 10 minutes. Check a cooled piece of popcorn after 40 minutes. It needs to be crispy and if it’s not, return pans to the oven for an extra ten minutes of baking.
– Take away the baking sheets to a wire rack and permit popcorn to chill fully earlier than packaging. Retailer in hermetic containers.